Application Deadline: November 26th 2018
Enel Foundation announced today the launch of the Open Africa Power 2019 call for applications. Open Africa Power is an education venture initiated by Enel Foundation in 2018 in partnership with top Academic institutions such as Strathmore University from Kenya, the University of Addis Ababa from Ethiopia, and Italian institutions such as the Politecnico di Torino, the Politecnico di Milano, Bocconi University and Florence School of Regulation.
The program aims to forge a new generation of African leaders deeply engaged with their countries clean energy future. After involving 29 selected candidates in the inaugural module of the first edition, Open Africa Power’s second edition, taking place in 2019, will engage up to 60 African students and alumni in a series of professional development and leadership activities, comprising residential training modules in Ethiopia and Italy in 2019.
Open Africa Power program is open to high-profile African graduates wishing to acquire an holistic knowhow of the electricity sector, enhancing the technical, regulatory and business skills required to work in the private and public sector towards the electrification of Africa. Precisely for this reason, from this year, candidates living abroad but wanting to relocate back to Africa will also be admitted.
African Module: State of the Art
This five-day module will start on January 28th and end on February 1st, 2019. It will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The module will explore the fundamentals of the global electricity sector through the lenses of Sustainable development goals. It will cover the following areas:
o Networks technology, regulation, economics;
o Renewables technology, regulation, economics;
o ICT digitalization of the electricity industry
The faculty will consist of local and international experts, as well as employees of Enel.
The Open Africa Power selection process is an open, merit-based, competition. The application period opens on October 25th, 2018, and closes on November 26th, 2018.
To be eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by January, 2019;
- Be a citizen of an African country;
- Currently resident in an African country or planning to relocate in Africa within the end of 2019;
- Be eligible to travel to Italy in case of admission to the second module;
- Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Law or Business from an African University
- Have an admission letter to or being a student of a PhD MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree from an African University;
- Have a demonstrated interest in the electricity sector in the African Continent;
- Be fully proficient in English.
How to Apply
Applications must be sent to [email protected]. Applicants should send in the following items:
- A copy of their CV;
- Copy of their BSc or MSc, MBA, MPP, LLM academic records/transcript;
- A copy of their Passport;
- A motivation letter;
- Three references from industry, academia and/or civil servant representatives.
Inquiries regarding the program must also be sent to : [email protected].
For More Information:
CREDIT: OFA – https://www.opportunitiesforafricans.com/